|Chef Neil Higginson
6-7 sheets filo pastry per strudel
Extra virgin olive oil (for brushing)
basil or your herbs of choice
1 small shallot, julienne cut
4 asparagus spears
1 red pepper
8 grape tomatoes
1 carrot, cut into strips
1 cup julienne spinach
2-3 broccoli crowns
2-3 cauliflower florets
salt and pepper to taste
- Cut vegetables into similar sized pieces and lightly toss with salt, pepper, olive oil and small amount of fresh basil
- Roast vegetables until slightly soft in preheated oven at 400ºF, approx. 10 min.; let cool to room temp
- Lay 6 or 7 sheets of phyllo pastry out on table and lightly brushing each sheet at a time with olive oil.
- Place roasted vegetables in a line on filo pastry.
- Wrap tightly into strudel form.
- Lightly brush with olive oil.
- Bake until nicely golden brown in preheated oven at 375ºF, approx. 15 min.
- Cut into slices. Chef Neil Higginson serves his vegetable strudel over mushroom risotto with savoury tomato sauce.