Dominique and Cindy Duby of Vancouver’s DC Duby Wild Sweets created this encapsulation experience, which offers a mouthful of rolling flavours—first salty, then sweet and finally bitter.
8 test tubes of orange gel/chicory emulsion
2 large oranges
1/2 tsp fleur de sel
1 jar ChoCoffee Hot Ganache
2 cups whipping cream
- Cut oranges into small pieces. Place on 16 spoons. Sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- Place a test tube in each of the eight shot glasses and fill with hot tap water. Insert straw once emulsion has softened.
- Bring cream to a boil.
- Pour hot cream over ganache powder and blend to frothy with immersion blender.
- Pour into eight shot glasses and serve immediately.
- To experience the flavour sensations, chew orange segment briefly, then draw in the entire contents of test tube and swallow together. Repeat process with orange segments and hot ganache.
Yield 8 servings