Best Shops to Get You Moving
Whether you're heading out on a hike, for a bike ride, or a dip in the pool, these shops have everything you need to get active.
Bikes, Bikes, Bikes
- Cyclists will love the variety of bikes, accessories, and apparel at Bikes and Beyond (pictured). The recently-expanded store carries a wide selection of fun bike accessories by Electra like colourful mesh baskets and matching patterned basket liners.
- The expansive two-level showroom of Woodcock Cycle is a cyclist’s paradise, with a bounty of biking accessories and seasonal sporting equipment to be found. Stop for a drink at the on-site coffee shop before hitting the road.
- White Pine Bicycle Co’s modern selection of colourful accessories makes it the perfect spot to create a custom ride. Both store locations also offer hourly, daily and weekly bike rentals.
- For casual or serious cycling, Olympia Cycle is a great one-stop shop for all ages. It features a large selection of Canadian bike brands like Opus, Garneau and Lochside.
Set Off on the Right Foot
- Set off to new heights with a pair of hiking boots from Canadian Footwear. With 50 different footwear brands, this store holds one of the largest shoe collections in Winnipeg.
- Dress your toes for lakeside fun at European Shoe Shop, the little shoe shop on the corner. It offers a wide selection of comfy clogs and sandals, from brands like Birkenstock, Aquatalia and Mephisto.
- Shoe Doctor, tucked in on Westminster Ave, doesn’t just do amazing shoe fixes, but also sells coveted brands like Blundstone and accessories like traction covers for those icy winter walks.
- For the ultimate pair of sneakers, visit City Park Runners (pictured). This St James running and walking shop has been a foot favourite for the last ten years. Pick up a pair, and join one of the running clinics the shop hosts.
- Get ready for time in the sun at Hula Hut (pictured). This vibrant shop carries a sensational selection of swimsuits for both men and women, with brands like Anne Cole and Aqua Blue.
- Eyelet Dove’s cozy feminine space houses a beautiful line of women’s swimsuits for lounging or splashing. Featured brands include Sea Folly and Prima Donna, with sizes ranging from 34A-46HH.
- A longstanding Winnipeg favourite, Peepers is filled to the brim with stylish swimsuits to help both men and women get the most fun out of the sun, with brands like Speedo and Curvy Kate.
- Bra Bar & Panterie is the place to go when looking for sweet and sassy swimwear. Sizes range from 28AA-56N ensuring everyone can enjoy a lap in the pool.
- Adrenaline seekers find home base at Alter Ego Sports. This extreme sports store, carries the works for BMXers, skiers, snowboarders, and paintball fanatics.
- Wilderness Supply Company (pictured) is all about living for the outdoors. Check out the impressive selection of camping and sporting gear, along with active wear for prairie adventurers.
- For local emporium Royal Sports, outdoors is its middle name. It has been Winnipeg’s favourite spot to find hockey, soccer and baseball everything for the last 40 years.
- Hardcore hikers and runners need outerwear that can take a beating. Tamarack has it covered, with brands like Canada Goose, Ice Breaker and Patagonia ready to take on the elements.