Sipping a cold one on a patio during the sunny days of summer is one of Winnipeggers’ great pastimes. Combine this with the hospitality industry’s pivotal thinking and Voila! outdoor bars are the new watering holes we can’t live without. Here is a list of five pop-up bars worth the visit:
1. Pedal Pub
- Take a pedal bike tour built for 16, with stops at local breweries and neighbourhood bars with the benefit of a “beerless” leader at the wheel. The entire Pedal Pub can be booked for private group tours or individually (Tuesdays only). For a unique date night, reserve a second seat for someone special.
2. The Beer Can
- The Beer Can serves suds by local brewers in the tree lined parking lot of the Granite Curling Club. Resembling a European-style beer garden, this is a great oasis to take a sip after a hard day’s work
3. Cargo Bar
- Cargo Bar, tucked in the beautiful backdrop of Assiniboine Park, serves craft cocktails, local brews and coffees out of a shipping container turned open air tavern. Elevated mocktails make being the DD worth the drive.
4. Blue Note Park
- Blue Note Park, launched and situated by Times Change(d) High and Lonesome Club, puts on live music to set the tone for summer sipping. This cozy space features shaded picnic tables and sparkly string lights.
5. Le Patio 340
- Manitoba performers amp up the ambience at Le Patio 340, a lush venue on the Centre Culturel Franco-Manitobain’s outdoor space. Stella’s Café provides food to accompany a long wine list and line-up of local beers.