Chef Alexander Svenne,
Bistro 7 1/4
This gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan dessert achieves deep chocolate flavour with sensual, smooth consistency.
3/4 cup sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups coconut milk
8 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
1 Tbsp coconut rum (optional)
toasted coconut for garnish
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup lime juice
1 Tbsp lime zest
- In a large bowl combine cocoa, sugar salt and cornstarch.
- Whisk in 1 cup coconut milk to make a paste.
- In a large saucepan, bring remaining 3 cups coconut milk to a boil. Whisk in chocolate paste and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Place chopped chocolate in mixing bowl, pour pudding over chocolate and stir until all chocolate is melted.
- Stir in rum. Transfer to serving dishes and cool.
- In a small saucepan bring sugar and lime juice to boil. Boil for 1 min.
- Stir in lime zest. Cool.
- Garnish puddings with toasted coconut and lime syrup.
Yields 4 servings