Chefs Doug Krahn and Betty Lai,
“Budding” decorators will love these easy-to-make chocolate treats using a silk poinsettia. They add a festive touch to any Christmas dessert. Red and green melting chocolate is available at Bulk Barn, bulkbarn.ca for locations.
1 silk poinsettia
7 oz green melting chocolate
7 oz red melting chocolate
- Take apart silk poinsettia from the centre of flower.
- Using a double boiler over low-medium heat, melt red chocolate.
- Using a small spoon or paintbrush, cover the back side of flower petal with red chocolate. Repeat until all petals are covered.
- Repeat step 2 using green chocolate.
- Paint the underside of leaves in green chocolate. Repeat until all leaves are covered.
- Dry the leaves and petals on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 mins to set.
- When chocolate is set, peel off of the silk leaf.
- Place the first leaf in place.
- Add leaves followed by petals forming it into a poinsettia shape. Use melted chocolate to glue pieces into place.
Yields 1 chocolate poinsettia