Chef Pongtron Pongsumana
One Night in Bangkok
The viscous filling inside these crispy wrappers bursts with rich coconut flavour. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup ground cooked chicken
1 tsp ground galangal
1 tsp lemongrass
1/2 teaspoon lime leaves, sliced
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp tamarind juice
2 cups coconut milk
1 pack wonton wrappers
1. In a bowl, mix oil and flour. Set aside.
2. In a pot on medium heat, combine remaining ingredients except wonton wrappers and bring to a boil.
3. Add flour and oil mixture. Cook until sauce thickens for 3-5 mins.
4. Allow sauce to cool. Place 1 Tbsp of mixture in the centre of wonton wrapper. Fold and seal edges to form a half-moon shape. Pinch creases for presentation.
5. In a deep-fryer, fry wontons on high heat until golden brown for 3-4 mins.
Yield 12 servings