Pastry Chef Richard Warren,
The Fort Garry Hotel
These deluxe double-chocolate cookies deliver intense cocoa flavour with hits of sweet coconut and toasted walnut.
6 oz dark chocolate
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
3 oz milk chocolate chips
- In a double boiler over medium-low heat, melt dark chocolate and butter, stirring with a wooden spoon. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer on high, whip sugar and eggs together until light and fluffy.
- Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in vanilla and dark chocolate and butter mixture.
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to combine flour, salt and baking powder. Add dry mixture to wet, gently combining.
- Add walnuts, coconut and milk-chocolate chips.
- Spoon about 2 Tbsp of dough per cookie onto baking sheet, placing about 2″ apart.
- Bake for about 10 mins until cookies start to crack and are no longer shiny.
- Let cool slightly before lifting off baking sheet.
Yield about 3 dozen cookies