Pastry chef/ owner Nina Notaro,
This no-bake, easy-to-freeze recipe yields impressive results. For festive flair, garnish these sweet bites with 24kt gold leaf.
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
2 cups dried apricot, finely chopped
2 cups flaked coconut
1 cup macadamia nuts, finely chopped
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
24 kt gold leaf, to garnish
- In a small pan on medium-low heat, gently toast almonds for 3-5 mins or until slightly browned.
- Remove from heat, cool and chop.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, apricot, coconut and macadamia nuts.
- Stir in condensed milk and place mixture in fridge for 2 hrs.
- Using hands, shape into 1″ balls and garnish each with gold leaf.
- Store in a tightly covered container in fridge until serving.
Yield 3 dozen