Tangy grapefruit curd gives this winter dessert a bright upgrade
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 Tbsp sugar
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp powdered gelatin
4 egg yolks
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh grapefruit juice
4 Tbsp butter, cubed
- Mix together butter, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. Add flour and stir until a crumbly dough forms.
- Divide dough between 2 small tart pans. Evenly press the dough over the bottom and sides of pan until evenly distributed.
- Let tart shell rest for 30 min in the refrigerator. Heat oven to 350°F. Prick tart all over with a fork and bake 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
- Bloom gelatin powder in 3 Tbsp cold water. Whisk together yolks, sugar, and juice in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, whisking in between, until thickened.
- Whisk in butter. Melt gelatin in microwave and whisk in. Pour into tart shells and let cool until set.
Yield 2 tartlettes