Pastry chefs/ co-owners Krista Robertson and Aynsley Rosin
Decorating practice makes perfect with these cookies.
3 cups butter
3 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 cups flour
1 cup icing sugar
1 Tbsp white corn syrup
2 Tbsp water
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer on high, beat butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
- Add flour and beat until well mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Flour counter and roll dough to 1 cm thickness.
- Cut shapes using cookie cutters and place on non-stick baking sheet.
- Bake 10 mins.
- Cool 1 hour before decorating.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Add drops of food colouring to create desired shade.
- Using a paint brush, apply coat of icing and dry 1 hr before additional decorating.
- Let stand 24 hrs to set icing.
Yield 40 cookies