Chef Patrice Gilman,
Gladys Caribbean Kitchen
Patrice emerged on the local food scene in 2021, backed by CIA (culinary institute of America) certificate earned in Jamaica and unbridled enthusiasm for a new culinary career. While much island cuisine incorporates local vegetables and proteins, jerk seasoning is wonderfully versatile way to enliven any ingredient. When added to grilled chicken, infuses bold flavour into creamy pasta. Chef Patrice blends exuberant flavours with artistry and is gaining fast fans with her signature flair.
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 Tbsp jerk seasoning
1 Tbsp oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup julienned bell pepper
2 cups heavy cream
1 Tbsp crushed chili
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups penne pasta
fresh chopped tomatoes, for garnish
- Season chicken thighs with jerk seasoning and let marinate for 20 minutes. Grill chicken or bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Set aside to cool and roughly chop.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and bell peppers and sautee for 3 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, crushed chili, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Simmer for one minute.
- Add pasta and chopped chicken. Mix together thoroughly and add more cheese if desired.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes for a fresh touch. Serve immediately.
Yield 2-4 servings