Chef Dave Bergmann,
Bergmann’s on Lombard
These tiny morsels are cool and refreshing. Sweet bursts of mango and lobster combine with the satisfying crunch of cucumber.
1/2 cup lobster meat, finely diced
1 small mango, finely diced
1 tomato, seeded and finely diced
2 English cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp truffle oil
1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp mustard powder
squeeze of lime
salt and pepper to taste
1. Using a small spoon, scoop out a hollow in cucumber rounds. Set aside.
2. In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, truffle oil, vinegar, lime, sugar and mustard powder.
3. Toss dressing with lobster meat, mango and tomato. Refrigerate for one hr.
4. Season mixture with salt and pepper to taste,
5. To assemble, spoon lobster mixture into cucumber cups. Garnish with sprigs of dill.
Yield 24 cups