Chef Bernard Mirlycourtois,
Layers of cheese, bacon and potato make this rich side dish a decadent treat. Try it with a fresh tossed salad for a light entrée.
1 tsp butter
10 medium Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and sliced in 1/8” thick rounds
12 slices bacon
5 oz pork belly, sliced
1 cup Trappist cheese, cubed
- Preheat oven to 410˚F.
- Rinse potato slices and dry with a cloth.
- In a Dutch oven greased with butter, line the bottom and sides with bacon allowing ends to hang over the sides.
- Layer 1/3 of potatoes, 1/3 of cheese and 1/3 of pork belly. Season with pepper.
- Repeat step 4 twice.
- Fold ends of bacon over and cover with foil.
- Bake in oven for 1.5 hours.
- Allow to sit for 15 mins before unmolding by turning galette upside down onto a serving dish.
Yield 6 servings