Chef Eldon Brink
Holiday Inn Winnipeg South
This sweet ‘n’ sassy salsa complements succulent pork.
1 2 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed
4-5 large baking potatoes, peeled and sliced length-wise wafer thin
1/4 cup melted butter
6-7 crab apples, peeled and thinly sliced
seasoning salt to taste
1 baguette, sliced and toasted
1 cup corn kernels
1 tsp garlic
1 tsp canola oil
6 crab apples, grated
1 green onion, finely chopped
zest and juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp chilli flakes
salt and pepper to taste
Tabasco sauce to taste
- Clean tenderloin and cut off ends to make square.
- Cut tenderloin into 8 pieces each 4-5″ in length.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- In a pot, blanch 8 potato slices in boiling water for 2-3 mins until pliable.
- Lay 4 potato slices side by side slightly overlapping. Layer on top another 4 slices overlapping.
- Lightly brush potatoes with melted butter.
- Lay 8-10 apple slices in centre of potatoes.
- Season pork with seasoning salt. Place 1 piece of pork on top of apples.
- Roll potatoes over pork and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper seam side down. Repeat steps 4-9 with remaining pork, apples and potatoes.
- Lightly brush rolls with melted butter and season with seasoning salt.
- Bake for 8-10 mins. Potatoes should be light brown.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate for at least 2 hrs.
- Using a sharp, thin knife, slice 1/4″ pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a bowl, combine corn, garlic and oil.
- Bake for 12-14 mins until corn is just lightly charred. Remove and cool slightly.
- Loosely chop corn and add apples.
- Add rest of ingredients. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper and Tabasco sauce.
Place pieces of pork on toasted baguette slices and garnish with salsa.
Yield 4 servings