Try this seasonal twist on the campfire s’more.
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 golden brown sugar
1 large egg
1 cup puréed sweet potatoes
1/4 tsp vanilla
2 tsp orange zest
1 cup chopped pecans
1 bag large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg, sweet potato purée, vanilla and orange zest.
- Gradually beat in dry ingredients and add pecans.
- Drop spoons of batter onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15 min.
- Once cooled, place one large marshmallow on bottom side of cookie.
- Broil at 350ºF for 1-2 min, or toast marshmallow over fireplace or campfire.
- Place another cookie over marshmallow and gently press together.
- Garnish with a whole pecan.