1/2 cup salted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 egg white
3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In a large bowl of a stand mixer cream butter and sugar until light coloured. Add egg yolk, beat until fluffy. Keep egg white in a separate bowl
- Add vanilla and flour. Continue to beat until well mixed.
- Scoop out dough and using hands roll into 24 roughly equal balls.
- Lightly coat each ball in egg white, then roll in chopped nuts.
- Place cookies on sheet pan. Using finger or thumb, make depression in the top centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 6 mins. Remove from oven, redo indents. Cool
- Use a piping bag or equivalent to neatly fill indents with raspberry jam.
- Try not to eat them all immediately.
Yield 2 dozen