Chef Peter Karamchand,
Buffalo Stone Café
This fragrant pasta dish makes for a light summer entrée served cold. Chef Peter uses locally produced Nature’s Pasta and combines it with the sweet crunch of almonds, asparagus and red pepper.
1 tsp butter
2 Tbsp canola oil
3 – 5 oz chicken breasts, diced into 1/4″ chunks
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 lb asparagus, chopped
1/2 lb angel hair pasta
1 cup frozen peas
3 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup toasted almonds
1 cup chopped fresh or frozen spinach
pinch saffron threads
salt and pepper
- In a sauté pan, heat oil and butter.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in pan for 5 mins.
- Deglaze pan with wine and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Add spinach and peas and cook for 1 min. Set aside.
- In sauté pan, cook pepper and asparagus. Set aside.
- In a pot of boiling vegetable stock, cook pasta with saffron.
- Combine all ingredients and sprinkle with almonds. Season to taste.
Yield 6 servings