Baker/owner Derrick Godfrey,
The Cupcake Corner
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs
2/3 cup half and half cream
2/3 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 cup butter, at room temp
1 1/3 cups icing sugar, pinch of salt
1 Tbsp half and half cream
1 tsp coconut extract
1/2 cup coconut flakes, toasted
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add individual eggs, beat fluffy.
- Alternately add flour mixture and cream to butter blend, mix continuously. Beat until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill paper liners 2/3 with batter.
- Bake 15-20 mins. Cool.
- In a mixing bowl beat butter. Gradually add icing sugar.
- Add remaining ingredients but coconut and beat until fluffy.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan, bring to boil over low-med heat, soften berries. Cool.
- Strain through a sieve.
- Make centre hole in each cake.
- Fill with raspberry coulis.
- Frost, garnish with coconut.
Yields a dozen Cupcakes