Baker Raul Mantel,
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
3 egg yolks, beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened baking chocolate, grated
1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix milk and cream. Add cocoa powder through a sieve, and continue mixing until smooth.
- Add corn syrup, honey and yolks, stirring constantly.
- Add sugar and stir until blended.
- Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and use wire whisk to mix until it is warm 180 °F. Use a thermometer.
- Add chocolate gradually and mix until it reaches 180 °F.
- When chocolate is completely dissolved add vanilla and stir for two mins until mixture thickens, do not boil.
- Now put your mixture in ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- Store in freezer for at least 24 hrs. Remove 30 mins before serving.
Yields 1 litre