The Original Pancake House
While Mark has worked in restaurant kitchens for years, the Pancake House ups the ante on menu items made from scratch. If you favour savoury in the morning, hearty frittata style (open faced) veggie omelet is simple, vitamin packed and delish.
1 cup vegetables
roasted red peppers, sliced
1 Tbsp green onion, chopped
1 cup baby spinach, loosely packed
1 tsp clarified butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Put clarified butter in an 8” frying pan and heat on stovetop.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and beat together vigorously with a fork. Add vegetables to the eggs and mix.
- Ensure the frying pan is hot and add egg mixture.
- Place the hot pan into the oven and allow to cook for approximately 12-14 minutes. *Time will vary with amount of moisture in vegetables.
- Ensure your frying pan handle is oven safe before using!
Experiment with your ingredients! Favourites at the Original Pancake House include Winkler Meats Old Fashioned Garlic Sausage, Bothwell Cheese, or Zinn Farms Chorizo.
Yield 1 serving