Baker/owner Derrick Godfrey,
The Cupcake Corner
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1 cup miniature marshmallows
Belgian Chocolate Buttercream
1 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3 oz Belgian Chocolate, melted then cooled
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1-2 Tbsp heavy cream
3 1/4-3 3/4 cups icing sugar
1 cup mini marshmallows, oven toasted at 350°F for 3 min
1/4 cup graham wafer crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl use an hand mixer to cream butter and sugar.
- Gradually add the dry mixture and milk to butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Fold in egg whites and mini marshmallows.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 with batter.
- Bake 15-20 mins. Toothpick inserted should come out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
Belgiun Chocolate Buttercream
- Beat butter until fluffy.
- Add cocoa powder, combine.
- Add cool chocolate to mixture.
- Add vanilla and 1 Tbsp cream to butter and chocolate mixture.
- Gradually incorporate icing sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining cream if needed.
- Frost cool cakes, add garnish.
Yield 12-18 Cupcakes