Baker Raul Mantel
2 1/4 cups whole milk
3 1/4 cups whipping cream
2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 cup Oreo-type cookies, crumbled
- Mix milk and cream in a large bowl. Add beaten yolks and corn syrup. Mix thoroughly.
- Add sugar, mix until mixture is consistent.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk until the mix is 180 °F. Maintain temperature for 2-3 mins, always stirring. Remove from heat.
- Let mixture reach room temperature.
- Add vanilla, blend.
- Transfer mix to ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s directions.
- When gelato is ready, add cookies, mixing gently.
- Store in freezer for 24 hours. Remove 30 mins before serving.
Yields 1 litre