Chef Alexander Svenne,
Bistro 7 1/4
Sunshine spills from a poached egg creating a yolky sauce for this celebration of summer.
500 g tub ricotta
2 Tbsp Parmesan, grated
1 Tbsp finely chopped sage
1 1/2 to 2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 lb asparagus, blanched and cut into 2” pieces
1/2 cup bacon, cut into strips and cooked (skip for veggie-friendly)
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp chopped tarragon
2 small tomatoes, wedged
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
4 Tbsp grated Parmesan
4 eggs, poached
- Combine all ingredients with 1 1/2 cups flour. Work in flour to make a soft dough, knead lightly.
- Put dough into large piping bag. Over a pot of boiling salted water, pipe out 1” pieces of dough, using scissors to cut into boiling water.
- When gnudi floats remove from boiling water.
- If not using right away, cool on sheet pans in a single layer.
- Sauté asparagus with bacon, garlic, chiles and olive oil.
- Add gnudi and sauté. Toss in tomatoes and tarragon. Toss with butter.
- Plate gnudi in pasta bowls. Top with Parmesan and poached egg.
Yield 4 servings