Chef Andre Desautel
Promenade Café & Wine
A creamy, harmonious blend of salty, sweet.. and comfort.
2 cups canned plum
2 1/4 cups water
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
pinch of salt
1 tsp sugar
2 large eggs (Nature’s Farm)
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup spinach
- In a skillet on low heat, sautée minced garlic and onion until translucent.
- Increase heat to medium, add plum tomatoes and water. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add basil, thyme, and oregano to sauce. Stir occasionally until sauce reaches desired taste and consistency.
- Transfer to blender/food processor to purée. Note: make sure sauce is a little watery to poach eggs.
- Return sauce to skillet and heat to medium.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Crack 2 eggs at opposite ends of skillet. Cover and bake until eggs poached at medium consistency (approximately 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove from oven.
- In skillet, layer sauce and eggs with crumbled feta and spinach. Serve with toast and side of hand cut pan fries.
Yield 1 serving