Chef Scott Bagshaw
Decorate your plate with a smear of hot mustard and dabs of yogurt to cut the richness of foie gras. Use high quality beef and keep the meat covered and refrigerated until use.
Foie Gras Torchon
1 lobe foie gras
4 oz chopped beef tenderloin
1/4 Tbsp chopped shallots
1/4 Tbsp chopped capers
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
Tabasco sauce, to taste
liquid smoke, to taste
1 quail egg
2 pieces brioche, toasted
Foie Gras Torchon
- Place foie gras in a mixture of equal parts salt and sugar, enough to cover. Cure for 24 hours.
- Wash off cure and bring to room temperature.
- Roll in cling film, shaping into a tight cylinder.
- Mix beef, shallot, capers, salt, pepper, Tabasco, and liquid smoke.
- Place mixture in ramekin on a plate. Top with a quail egg yolk.
- Decorate the plate with the torchon, mustard, yogurt, and brioche.
Yields 1 serving
This intimate and ultra-hip space in River Heights serves artistic small plates from chef Scott Bagshaw. The 30-seat dining room, with chic and minimalist decor, a well-crafted wine list, and…
Enoteca Neighbourhood: River Heights Address: 1670 Corydon Ave Phone: 204-487-1529 Entrees: $5-$18 Tapas are trending. Small plates have gone viral in a big way, from corner bars in Spain to…
Pushing Palates For chef Scott Bagshaw, the recipe for beautiful food begins with a vision and thousands of hours of hard work. By Joelle Kidd Seated in front of the…
Chef Scott Bagshaw Enoteca Charred lemon adds a kicky, funky edge to this dish. Black garlic can be found at gourmet food stores like De Luca’s Specialty Foods. Ingredients Pistachio…
Chef Scott Bagshaw Enoteca A bright, acidic romesco and fragrant Sherry sauce dress fatty pork belly. At Enoteca, the meat is brined for 24 hours, then braised. Squid ink makes…
Chef Scott Bagshaw Enoteca This vegetable dish is dressed with a panade, a paste used as a binding agent in French cuisine, and a vinaigrette incorporating rich brown butter and…