4 cups bread flour, preferably Italian-style “OO”
4 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp instant yeast
1 2/3 cups water
8 spears broccolini
1/3 cup fior di latte
1/2 cup crème fraîche
cracked black pepper, to taste
chile flakes, to taste
zest of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp garlic oil
pecorino, for grating
- Combine flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl and whisk until homogenous. Add water and incorporate into flour using hands until no dry flour remains on bottom of bowl.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for 8 to 12 hours.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and divide into four even balls. Place each in a covered quart-sized deli container or in a zipper-lock freezer bag. Place in refrigerator and allow to rise at least 2 more days, and up to 4.
- Remove from refrigerator, shape into balls, and allow to rest at room temperature for at least 2 hours before baking.
Yields dough for 4 pizzas
- Place pizza stone on middle rack and preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Lightly flour work surface and stretch pizza dough into circle with a 12-inch diameter.
- Spread even layer of crème fraîche on base of dough, followed by cracked pepper, chile flakes, lemon zest and grated pecorino.
- Arrange broccolini and fior di latte so that it isn’t overlapping.
- Move to the pizza stone with pizza paddle and bake 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is cooked.
- Cut into 6 pieces and enjoy.
Yield 1 pizza