Chocolate s’more mousse made with airy mousse and melted chocolate mimic a favourite fireside snack – without the flames and sticky fingers.
Chef Kami Goertz
2/3 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
2 oz Hershey’s milk chocolate, melted
2 oz Hershey’s milk chocolate, chopped
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/3 cup softened butter
2/3 cup whipping cream
crushed graham crackers
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and eggs. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches 160°F.
- Remove from heat and stir in melted chocolate and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
- Set aside to cool slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Using a hand mixture, cream butter until fluffy in a small bowl. Add cooled chocolate mixture and beat on high speed for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat cream until it forms stiff peaks. Fold in chocolate mixture.
- Add crushed graham crackers to the bottom of three sundae-style glasses. Add chopped chocolate, then spoon whipped chocolate mixture into cups. Top with more chopped chocolate.
- Allow to chill for 6 hours or overnight. Garnish with additional whipped cream and chocolate.
Yield 3 chocolate s’more mousse sundaes