1 cup white organic flour
1 1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp yeast
1/2 Tbsp sunflower oil
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup San Marzano tomatoes, puréed
1/3 cup fior di latte or buffalo mozzarella
11 basil leaves
1 tsp sea salt
- Place water in a bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook.
- Add flour, salt and yeast and mix for four minutes. Slowly add the oil.
- Mix until a smooth ball is formed.
- Remove dough and roll in to two even balls of dough ensuring no air pockets.
- Place balls in a flat, airtight container with room to expand to let rise in the refrigerator, preferably for 2-3 days.
- When ready to stretch the dough, gently remove proofed dough ball from your container with a dough scraper or spatula, being careful not to misshape it.
- Using your hands on a floured surface, gently open up the dough into a dish, making sure not to stretch too much dough from the centre, weakening it.
- Place pizza stone in oven and heat oven to highest temperature. Do this at least one hour before baking.
- Place dough on lightly floured wooden pizza peel or cutting board.
- Top pizza with puréed San Marzano tomatoes and five basil leaves. Tear mozzarella into one-inch pieces and spread across pizza.
- Quickly slide pizza into oven and close the door. Switch oven to broil to provide top heat.
- Bake pizza for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to rest on pizza screen for 30 seconds.
- Cut pizza and garnish with sea salt, remaining basil and high-quality olive oil.
Yield 1 pizza