Chef David Bergquist
The key to great rack of lamb is to sear the meat before roasting in the oven and let rest before cutting to let the juices re-absorb.
1 (8 rib) rack of lamb
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
2-3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
pinch of crushed garlic
sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
coarse black pepper
- Combine all mustard, vinegar, crushed garlic and rosemary. Rub the lamb with olive oil, then with mixture.
- Marinate overnight.
- Before cooking, season lamb with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Heat a frying pan over high heat. Place the meat into hot pan to sear, 1-2 min each side.
- Wrap exposed bones with aluminum foil to keep them from burning. Bake 10 (medium rare) to 15 (medium) minutes.
- Once cooked, let rest five minutesbefore carving.
Yield 1 rack of lamb