Pembina Village Restaurant
Instead of sandwiches, pack this fresh-grilled chicken souvlaki to go.
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 3/4″ cubes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil, plus additional 2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried parsley
juice of one lemon
1/2 small white onion, diced
- In a medium-sized bowl, place chicken.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together spices, oil, parsley, juice of half a lemon and onion. (Reserve remaining lemon juice.)
- Pour mixture over chicken. Using a wooden spoon, combine all ingredients.
- Cover chicken with plastic wrap and marinate for at least 1 hr or overnight in the fridge.
- Skewer chicken pieces on 8, 8″ wooden skewers, dividing meat evenly between skewers.
- Preheat barbeque on medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 Tbsp olive oil with reserve lemon juice. Brush on chicken skewers.
- Grill for 8-10 mins, turning skewers every two minutes.
Yields 8 servings