Pembina Village Restaurant
For a taste of Greece, take these tangy and cheesy shrimp on the road.
20 shrimp, cleaned and deveined
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp butter
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 oz feta, crumbled
2 pita bread
juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, dredge shrimp in flour and shake off any excess.
- In a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and oil.
- Add garlic, shrimp and wine. Cook for 3 mins per side or until shrimp is pink.
- Remove from heat and place shrimp in oven-safe dish.
- Crumble feta on top of shrimp and place in oven.
- Bake shrimp for about 5 mins or until feta melts.
- Cut each pita into 10 wedges and arrange on platter.
- Place two shrimp on each pita wedge and drizzle with lemon juice.
Yield 10 servings