Chef Quentin Harty
RBC Convention Centre
Simple ingredients and creative presentation make this salad pop.
18 slices shaved prosciutto
6 Roma tomatoes
6 balls bocconcini
salt and pepper, to taste
4 1/2 oz arugula
4 Grana Padano crisps
8 sprigs pea shoots
3/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- To make prosciutto bowls, preheat oven to 325°F. Oil the back of a muffin pan and line three slices of prosciutto over the back of each muffin cup. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Gently separate the prosciutto bowls from the muffin pan.
- Remove the cores from the tomatoes. On a cutting board, place the tomato core side down and splice the tomato at even intervals to house 4 slices of bocconcini in each tomato. Season between each tomato slice with salt and pepper.
- Slice bocconcini cheese into 4 equal slices and insert a slice into each incision in the tomatoes.
- Arrange the arugula in the prosciutto baskets. Place an arugula filled prosciutto basket and 1 bocconcini stuffed tomato on each plate and drizzle with balsamic dressing. Garnish with Grana Padano crisps and pea shoots.
Yields 6 servings