Pastry Chef Melissa Buiskool-Leeuwma,
Light and airy, the strawberry pavlova is perfect for any special occasion.
2 cups cold egg whites (chill in fridge)
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 1/2 cups sugar
4 1/2 cups 35 per cent cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
4 cups strawberries, quartered
2 cups lemon yogurt (or your favourite flavour)
6 whole strawberries for garnish
1/2 cup blueberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 300˚F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar while whites are still whipping. Once all sugar is added, whip for an additional 5 mins until smooth and glossy.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- With your hands, form 2 round circles of meringue about 7″ wide on each cookie sheet.
- Bake for 2 1/2-3 hrs until each pavlova doubles in size. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream and icing sugar on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Using roughly 3/4 of the whipped cream mixture, pipe or spread the whipped cream on the top border of the bottom meringue layer.
- Spread remaining 1/4 of whipped cream mixture on the centre of the bottom layer.
- Place quartered strawberries and preserves on top of whipped cream layer.
- Top strawberries with yogurt.
- Dust the other pavlova layer with icing sugar and gently place on
- Top with 6 whole strawberries and blueberries.
Yield 10-12 servings
The original bakery cafe and gold standard for decadent desserts. Mile high cakes, cheesecakes and pies in a super cute space.
Baked Expectations Neighbourhood: Osborne Address: 161 Osborne St Phone: 204-452-5176 Entrées: $9-$16 There are few opportunities to eat dessert before the main course, but such fantasies are satisfied at Baked…
Say It With Cake Winnipeggers have been celebrating their biggest moments with Baked Expectations for 30 years By Jen Zoratti It’s no surprise many Winnipeggers have an emotional connection to…
Owner Beth Grubert, Baked Expectations Moist, fluffy and dangerously addictive, these cocoa-rich cakes are topped with buttery frosting. Ingredients Chocolate Cupcakes 20 cupcake liners 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder…
Owner Beth Grubert, Baked Expectations Light-as-air, melt-in-your mouth meringue, frothy cocoa cream and tangy raspberries conspire to make this cover star shine. Ingredients Meringue Base 2 cups egg whites (can use…
Owner Beth Grubert, Baked Expectations With its pretty ombré layers of bitter coffee, smooth Irish cream and zesty orange, this rich cheesecake blends the indulgent flavours of our favourite after-dinner…
Owner Beth Grubert, Baked Expectations Thick chocolate ganache gives way to luscious layers of light strawberry buttercream and dense nutty pecan chocolate cake in this textural torte. Ingredients Cake Layers…
Pastry Chef Melissa Buiskool-Leeuwma, Baked Expectations Start this creative project by baking your favourite chocolate cake, making enough to produce 3-9" rounds. Ingredients 4 1/2 cups cream 1/2 cup icing…