Chef Wayne Martin
Capital Grill & Bar
Each fork twirl coats long noodles with heavenly cashew creaminess adding classic comfort to crimini, shiitake, oyster and portobello mushrooms.
1 lb bucatini pasta
1 cup assorted mushrooms
1 cup snap peas, bias cut
20 grape tomatoes, halved
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
10 Tbsp basil cashew pesto
3 Tbsp unsalted butter (optional)
Basil Cashew Pesto (Makes 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1/4 cup toasted whole cashews
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup olive oil
Kosher salt to taste
Basil Cashew Pesto
- In a blender or food processor pulse together olive oil, cashews and lemon zest.
- Add basil and pulse.
- Add parmesan and pulse again.
- Season to taste.
- Cook bucatini pasta in salted boiling water. Strain and reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
- Place a large sauté pan on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the pasta, reserved water, snap peas, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Once hot, add tomatoes and pesto.
- Add butter and season to taste.
- Divide onto four plates and garnish with parmesan cheese.
Yield 4 servings