This dark chocolate ganache tart is ultra smooth and velvety, offset with a garnish of fresh strawberry.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup icing sugar
pinch of salt
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1 Tbsp butter
- In a bowl, cream butter and icing sugar with a spatula to get a smooth mixture. Stir in egg and keep mixing.
- Combine the salt with flour, then add flour mixture to egg mixture, creating a smooth and uniform dough.
- Shape into a flat disk, wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- To shape the shells, unwrap chilled dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll it out, while adding more flour to keep from sticking. The dough should be around 3 mm thick.
- Cut out a piece of dough a little wider than your tart ring in order to have enough dough to go up the sides of the mold. Make sure dough is pressed against sides and corners properly.
- Use a fork to pierce holes on the bottom of the shell before placing it in a 375ºF oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is nice and golden.
- Place chopped chocolate in a bowl with the butter.
- In a heavy saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. As soon as it starts to boil, pour cream over the chocolate in the bowl. With a rubber spatula, stir the mixture with a circular motion in the centre of the bowl until the mixture comes together to create a silky filling.
- Immediately pour ganache in cooled tart shells and place in the refrigerator to set.
- Once tarts are set and ready to serve, decorate chocolate ganache tart with whipping cream, chocolate decorations and fresh fruit.
Yield 6 tarts