Black garlic adds sweetness reminiscent of balsamic vinegar.
4 cups whipping cream
1 bulb black garlic, available at De Luca’s Specialty Foods
1 cup of mushrooms per serving of pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
Pappardelle or pasta of your choice
1 chicken breast per serving of pasta
- Remove all outer skin from the black garlic cloves.
- Place garlic cloves, whipping cream, and seasoning in a food processor and blend until combined.
- Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Cook pasta noodles of choice.
- In a skillet, sauté mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of butter for each portion of pasta.
- In the skillet over med-high heat, warm up pasta sauce with mushrooms so it’s hot.
- Toss cooked noodles with the hot pasta sauce.
- Plate pasta in a big bowl and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese and freshly sliced scallions.
- Pre-oil barbeque grill.
- Place thawed chicken breast on grill.
- For fancy cross hatch grill marks, turn chicken 90 degrees after 2 minutes.
- Grill until fully cooked but still juicy.
- Rest for a couple of minutes before slicing.
- Place on pasta.
Yield 8 servings of sauce