Chef Lorna Murdoch,
Lean and tender grass-fed beef has a distinct brawny taste.
3 lbs Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/8″-thick slices
1 1/2 tsp coarse kosher salt
3/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 cups cream
1 cup grated Bothwell smoked gouda
8-8 oz grass-fed beef tenderloins
- Place rack in the center of oven and preheat to 400˚F.
- Generously butter a 13″x 9″x 2″ baking dish.
- Arrange 1/3 of the potato slices on the bottom of the prepared baking dish, overlapping them slightly.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp thyme and 2 tsp of grated cheese.
- Pour 1/2 cup cream over potatoes and spread evenly. Repeat layering 2 more times.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F and continue to bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden brown, about 25 mins.
- Cool for 20 mins before serving.
- Grill steaks over medium heat to desired doneness. For medium, grill for 3-4 mins each side.
Yield 8 servings
This is one of the finest dining experiences in the city, having virtually created the upscale regional cuisine category. Chef Lorna Murdoch is a talented star who uses fresh products…
Fusion Grill Neighbourhood: Academy Address: 550 Academy Rd Phone: 204-489-6963 Entrées: $25-$46 Fusion Grill has been cutting the path for the Manitoba Regional Cuisine movement since opening in 1996. Alongside…
Chef Terry Gereta Fusion Grill While it sounds very highbrow, tartare just means any dish featuring a raw ingredient. Chef Terry uses wild sockeye salmon because of its firm flesh…
Chef Lorna Murdoch Fusion Grill Ingredients Dough 2 cups all-purpose flour ½ teaspoon salt 2 large egg yolks 2 tsps vegetable oil ½ to 1/3 cup hot tap water Filling…
Chef Terry Gereta, Fusion Grill The brown sauce required here is a thin gravy made from brown stock and a roux of flour and fat. Wine pairing: Tinhorn Creek Vineyards…
Chef Terry Gereta, Fusion Grill This duck confit takes three days to prepare and requires duck fat, which you can purchase from a butcher. To render fat: heat in a…
Chef Terry Gereta, Fusion Grill The presentation of this winter vegetable soup is as impressive as the taste. Wine pairing: Red Rooster Winery Gewürztraminer Ingredients Curried rutabaga 1 L…
Chef Terry Gereta Fusion Grill Chef Terry Gereta gets his scallops imported from Digby, Nova Scotia. He also uses ABC brand sweet soy sauce. This sauce and the fermented black…
Chef Terry Gereta, Fusion Grill Chef Terry Gereta adds colour to this fish dish with purple potatoes. These South American tubers are grown by Scot McTaggart’s mother-in-law in the restaurant’s…
Christine Casey, Fusion Grill Ingredients Zucchini cakes 4 cups grated zucchini 1/4 cup chopped red pepper 1 Tbsp chopped parsley 1/4 cup fresh baguette (remove crust and dice) 1…
Chef Lorna Murdoch, Fusion Grill Luscious feel of the viscous greens, then staccato bursts of bright berry fruit notes with minty accents. Garden fresh chive froth adds melody, while buttery…