Chef/owner Don Hoang,
A shout out to the returning home team, the Jets Roll celebrates Manitoba with each explosive bite of pickerel and smoked goldeye. The sushi rice recipe on the previous page will yield enough for sweety beety cones and the Jets Roll.
1 cup sushi rice
1 sheet nori, halved
2 oz grilled pickerel
2 oz smoked goldeye
4 strips julienne cucumber
2 oz smoked coho salmon, 1/4″ slices
1/2 avocado, 1/4″ slices
2 oz snow crab meat
2 Tbsp tobiko (flying fish roe)
- Wet hands. Spread handful of sushi rice over 1 piece of nori, leaving 1 cm of space along top edge. Flip over, facing rice down.
- Line half each of pickerel, goldeye and cucumber up neatly close to bottom of nori sheet.
- Use 2 moist hands to roll evenly and firmly from bottom to top.
- Cover outside of roll with alternating pieces of salmon and avocado. Press firm.
- With a sharp knife, slice into 6 equal pieces.
- Top each one with a piece of snow crab and a dab of tobiko.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi.
Yield 2 rolls