Chef Giacomo Appice
Tre Visi Cafe
Kid friendly yes, but this recipe equally hits the mark for mature palates.
1 lb penne pasta
2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/2 cup peas
2 cups mushroom, sliced
1/2 cup marsala wine
2 cups heavy cream
1 cup demi-glace
small bunch basil, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup Parmigiano cheese, grated
- In a large frypan, start cooking onions in the butter until softened.
- Add chicken, mushrooms and peas. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until mushrooms have released most of their water.
- Deglaze with marsala wine. When wine has mostly evaporated, add cream and demi-glace. Simmer until sauce has slightly thickened.
- In a large pot of salted water, boil penne pasta. Once cooked, drain and add to the sauce along with chopped basil and Parmigiano cheese.
- Stir until sauce and pasta are well combined and creamy.
- Serve with fresh chopped basil and Parmigiano cheese.
Yield 4 servings