Chef Giacomo Appice
Tre Visi Cafe
A collection of vivacious condiments results in a very lively dish.
1 lb spaghetti pasta
4 cloves garlic, sliced
5 anchovy fillets, chopped
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 can whole tomatoes, puréed
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
3 Tbsp capers, drained
pinch of red chilli flakes
pinch of oregano
1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
1/4 cup basil, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. While water heats, heat up oil and garlic in a large fry pan.
- When garlic starts to get golden, add anchovy and stir until it breaks down or almost dissolves.
- Carefully pour in the puréed tomatoes, add capers, olives, chilli flakes and oregano and let the sauce gently simmer.
- Cook spaghetti in the large pot of salted water until al dente.
- Drain spaghetti and add to simmering sauce along with parsley and basil.
- Toss for a couple minutes with heat still simmering and serve with fresh basil on top.
Yield 4 servings