Scallop on the half shell makes for a wow-worthy presentation. Salmon roe adds a briny pop, emphasizing oceanic flavour.
Chef Dustin Pajak
1 cup unsalted butter
4 Tbsp sliced chives
4 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Scallop in shell
1 small sea scallop in shell
Pinch of sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
1 Tbsp chive butter
1 Tbsp salmon caviar
1 tsp sliced chives
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients, beating until fluffy.
Scallop in shell
- Preheat oven to high heat broil setting.
- Remove sea scallop from its shell and thinly slice. Layer the slices into an empty scallop shell.
- Season heavily with salt and pepper and place 1 Tbsp chive butter on top of sliced scallop.
- Broil dressed scallop for 1-2 minutes, until scallop is barely warmed through and butter is bubbling.
- Remove scallop from oven and top with salmon caviar and chives.
Yield 1 scallop on the half shell
Close co. Neighbourhood: River Heights Address: 256 Stafford St Phone: 204-691-7788 Entrées: $11-$35 Stepping into Close Co. offers a distinct sense of familiarity, with friendly greetings and the smells of…
Tiny Kitchen, Big Ambition Chef Dustin Pajak of Close Company does big things in close quarters. By Jessie Schmidtke "It feels massive now," jokes Chef Dustin Pajak, stretching his legs…
Mille feuille, the traditional delicate French dessert, gets an umami-rich edge from the addition of soy caramel. Chef Dustin Pajak Close Company Ingredients Phyllo crisp 5 phyllo sheets 1/2 cup…
Mushroom pintxo as imagined by chef Dustin Pajak is an ode to San Sebastian's pintxo bars. This bite-sized snack exudes rich flavours of black truffle. Chef Dustin Pajak Close Company…
Pork skewers, a Trinidadian dish, in a zingy green sauce, are a harmonious mix of spicy, sweet and savoury. Chef Dustin Pajak Close Company Ingredients Marinated pork skewers 2 pork…