Stella’s Café and Bakery
Sweet and salty mingles throughout the delicate flesh of this no-cook meal.
1/4 cup coarse sea salt
1/3 cup white sugar
1 Tbsp cracked black pepper
1 kg fresh salmon, skin on boneless fillet
1/2 cup coarsely chopped
4 slices Danish rye bread
2 pieces leaf lettuce
4 lemon wheels
4 sprigs fresh dill
1 Tbsp water
6 Tbsp Dijon mustard
4 Tbsp white sugar
3 Tbsp white vinegar
1 1/2 cups canola oil
2 Tbsp finely chopped
- Combine first 3 ingredients.
- Place fillet skin side down in a large, flat bottomed container.
- Cover fish with half of sugar mix and all dill. Spread remaining sugar mix over.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Put another container on top of fish, weigh down with heavy objects.
- Refrigerate for 12 hrs, turn fish over. Repeat process at least 5x. Cure for 60-72 hours.
- Combine water, mustard, sugar and vinegar in food processor.
- Slowly add oil until emulsified. Stir in dill.
- Place half leaf of lettuce on each slice of bread. Add sliced fish over lettuce.
- Sauce to taste. Garnish with lemon and dill.
Stella's, a local chain, is a top pick for breakfast, with a few locations around the city. Zesty Mexican breakfast, fluffy omelettes and top-notch baking are popular morning eats. Casual…
STELLA'S CAFE Neighbourhood: Fort Garry Address: 1463 Pembina Hwy Phone: 204-275-2001 Entree: $8 - $15 The appeal of comfort and nostalgia ranks high for most, so a family-owned bakery café…
Margherita pizza focaccia adapts the classic pizza flavour to pillowy focaccia. Be sure to use fresh basil. Chef Roland Gregoire Stella's Café and Bakery Ingredients Focaccia Dough 6 1/3 cups…
Chef Scott Evans Stella's Bakery Pulla is a traditional Finnish cardamom bread that is light, sweet and best served straight from the oven. Ingredients Dough 3 1/2 tsp yeast 1…
Chef Scott Evans Stella's Bakery A family favourite, this earthy Danish rye offer a dense and satisfying bite to charcuterie, or accompanying cheese. Stella's spicy red pepper jelly works for…
Hannah Glasse’s The Art of Cookery Made Plain and Easy, 1747, includes a recipe for water gruel made of oatmeal and water, and flavoured with butter and pepper. It was…
Owner Tomas Sohlberg Stella's Bakery Cafe Assembling these creamy pies is almost as much fun as eating them! Ingredients Crust 2 1/2 cups flour 2 tsp sugar 1/2 tsp salt…
Owner Tomas Sohlberg, Stella's Bakery Cafe Brightly coloured noodles are a kid-approved twist on this classic. Fresh udon noodles are available in the fresh pasta section of most supermarkets. Ingredients…
Stella's Café and Bakery The ultimate weekend morning breakfast is made with egg batter-drenched, pan-fried brioche-perfect to sop up every sweet drop of Stella’s maple caramel sauce. Ingredients Maple Caramel…
Stella's Café and Bakery Brawny and lean, these Manitoba made patties standout sandwiched in fluffy, fresh-baked foccacia. Ingredients Grass-fed Burger Patties 1 1/2 lb grass-fed ground beef 1/3 cup sour…