Chef Ben Kramer
Diversity Food Services
Waste not, want not: this dish uses the whole radish. Miso butter is a complex flavour addition to the peppery root vegetable.
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 Tbsp brown rice miso paste
1/4 tsp hemp seeds
1/4 tsp ground chile flakes
3 bunches or so assorted radishes (fresh, with nice tops)
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 tsp rice vinegar
- To make the miso butter, combine butter, miso, chile flakes, and hemp seeds in a small bowl and mash with the back of a spoon until well mixed.
- Trim the greens from the radishes. Wash and roughly chop. Wash the radishes and halve, quarter, or leave hole depending on the size.
- Heat coconut oil in a cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add radishes and sear until golden brown. Stir or toss until crisp and tender.
- Reduce heat slightly. Add radish tops and splash with white wine. Allow wine to cook out for about 30 seconds. Season with coarse salt.
- Remove from heat and add miso butter. Stir to create a simple pan sauce and glaze the radishes and greens. Add vinegar.
- Taste and season if needed.
Yield 4 servings
Open to the public but located in a University of Winnipeg building, this bright and airy full-service restaurant emphasizes fresh fare and local ingredients. Provides a place for students and…
ELEMENTS Neighbourhood: Downtown Address: 599 Portage Ave Phone: 204-786-9237 Entrées: $14-$26 At Elements, food is smart, well executed and environmentally conscious just like its home, the new Richardson College for the…
A Moveable Feast Ciao! magazine’s annual award for restaurant of the year celebrates the creative use of and dedication to regional ingredients. By Joelle Kidd Have food; will travel. This…
Chef Ben Kramer Diversity Food Services Chef Ben Kramer serves these healthy morsels with tomato chutney, horseradish cream, and leaves from the quinoa plant. Ingredients 2-3 Tbsp coconut oil 4…
Chef Ben Kramer Diversity Food Services Prep this dish night before for a stunning and simple breakfast. Mix it up each season by using whatever veggies are fresh at the…
Chef Ben Kramer Diversity Food Services This simple but stunning dish pairs sweet beets with tart shaved rhubarb and peppery greens. Ingredients 2 L milk 1/8 cup salt 1/4-1/2 cup…