1 cup all purpose flour 1 pinch sea salt 1 pinch instant yeast 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil 1/2 cup room temperature water
2 Tbsp tomato sauce 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella 2 Tbsp goat cheese, crumbled 8 tiger prawns, sautéed and halved 1 green onion, sliced 1 Tbsp preserved lemon rind, minced (recipe below)
4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely sliced
5-6 basil leaves Sriracha sauce, to taste (or preferred hot sauce)
- By hand or in a stand mixer with a dough hook, combine the flour, salt and yeast. Mix for two minutes.
- Slowly add the oil and mix for two minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and slowly add the water. Mix for five minutes or until dough comes together.
- Cover and rest dough for half an hour or refrigerate. Will keep for three days.
Preserved Lemon Rind
- Wash and quarter 1 lemon, removing pulp from the peel.
- Place quartered lemon peel into clean container.
- Mash the pulp with 1 tsp sea salt and 1 tsp sugar. Pour over peel.
- Seal container with tight-fitting lid and refrigerate for 2-3 weeks.
- Lemon will be ready when peel has softened and bitter flavour of the rind has mellowed.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly dust baking sheet with flour or semolina.
- Roll or hand-stretch the dough until it is roughly 10” across and place onto baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread your favourite tomato sauce evenly across the dough.Cover the surface with 1 cup of the mozzarella.
- Add toppings.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella around the outer edge of the pizza, leaving room for the crust.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes until crust reaches desired crispness.
- Broil for final minute or two for added caramelization of crust and cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil and drizzle of Sriracha to taste.
Yield 1 pizza