Chef Cho Venevongsa,
Wasabi On Broadway
12 pieces fresh asparagus
2/3 cup white sesame seeds
4 tsp sugar
2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp dashi powder
1 carrot, for curls
- Blanch asparagus in salted boiling water until just tender.
- Immediately transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking process. Drain well.
- Cut each spear into 3 equal pieces and refrigerate to keep cool.
- Combine all ingredients well. Chill until ready to serve.
- Peel carrot into 4-inch curls about 1/2-inch wide.
- Wind around a skewer to curl and place in ice bath to crisp.
- Stack asparagus pieces 3 wide and 3 high on each serving plate.
- Pour sesame sauce over stacked asparagus and garnish with carrot curls.
Yields 4 servings
New-school sushi is taken to creative heights at each location of this beloved restaurant. All dishes are expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Take a seat at the sushi bar and…
Wasabi On Broadway Neighbourhood: West Broadway Address: 588 Broadway Avenue Phone: 204-779-8183 Entrees: $12-35 The first face that greets you upon entering the heritage home of Wasabi on Broadway, is…
Wasabi Ingredients Softball-sized mound of cooked sushi rice 3/4 sheet nori (seaweed) 3 Tbsp spicy mayo 2-2.5 oz king crab meat 1 tsp scallions, chopped 2 pieces stretched tempura shrimp…
Chef Cho Venevongsa Wasabi On Broadway The wasabi oil adds a little kick to this dish and can also be used in salad dressings and sauces. Ingredients Wasabi pepper sauce…
Chef Cho Venevongsa Wasabi On Broadway Each variety of oyster has a unique taste, making this a great dish to share. Ingredients Oysters 2 kumamoto oysters 2 royal miyaki oysters…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Ponzu sauce 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp lemon juice 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp soy sauce 1/4 cup & 1 Tbsp rice vinegar…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Crêpe 2 eggs 1 tsp sugar 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp water 1 tsp sake Pinch salt 2 tsp vegetable oil, for…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi on Broadway Earthy prairie beets get a creamy fresh twist in these handheld cones. Visit Lucky Supermarket for soy sheets, pickled ginger and sweet seaweed sprinkles.…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi on Broadway Using citrus to cook fresh, raw seafood will highlight its bright, oceanic flavour. Ingredients Ceviche 5 clams or mussels 30 g white fish, thinly…