Chef Cho Venevongsa,
Wasabi on Broadway
Earthy prairie beets get a creamy fresh twist in these handheld cones. Visit Lucky Supermarket for soy sheets, pickled ginger and sweet seaweed sprinkles.
5 cups short grain rice
5 cups water
1/2 cup rice vinegar
5 1/2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp salt
1″ square of kelp
4 soy sheets, cut in thirds
3/4 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup micro arugula
1/2 cup pickled beets, julienne
12 shiso or mint leaves
2 Tbsp pickled ginger
2 Tbsp sweet seaweed powder
- Rinse rice until water runs clear. Set aside in a colander for 30 mins to let rice grain expand.
- Add rice and water to rice cooker. Cook. Allow to sit for 15 mins more before opening lid.
- In a small saucepan over high heat, combine remaining ingredients for 2 mins. Reduce heat, stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool and remove kelp.
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to spread cooked rice up the sides. Slowly add vinegar dressing to rice and toss. Use a fan to cool rice until warm to the touch, cover with a damp cloth and set aside. Reserve 1 cup rice for Jets Roll.
- Spread 2 Tbsp of sushi rice evenly on soy sheet.
- Add 1 Tbsp cream cheese, a few arugula strands, 3 beet sticks, 1 shiso leaf (or half mint leaf) and 1/2 tsp of pickled ginger in the centre. Sprinkle with seaweed.
- Begin at one end and roll diagonally into a cone shape.
- Repeat with remaining sheets.
Yield 12 cones
New-school sushi is taken to creative heights at each location of this beloved restaurant. All dishes are expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Take a seat at the sushi bar and…
WASABI ON BROADWAY Neighbourhood: West Broadway Address: 588 Broadway Phone: 204-774-4328 Entrees: $14-$100 Wasabi on Broadway opened more than 20 years ago in a heritage home on tree-lined west Broadway,…
Wasabi Ingredients Softball-sized mound of cooked sushi rice 3/4 sheet nori (seaweed) 3 Tbsp spicy mayo 2-2.5 oz king crab meat 1 tsp scallions, chopped 2 pieces stretched tempura shrimp…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Asparagus 12 pieces fresh asparagus Sesame sauce 2/3 cup white sesame seeds 4 tsp sugar 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce 1/2 tsp dashi…
Chef Cho Venevongsa Wasabi On Broadway The wasabi oil adds a little kick to this dish and can also be used in salad dressings and sauces. Ingredients Wasabi pepper sauce…
Chef Cho Venevongsa Wasabi On Broadway Each variety of oyster has a unique taste, making this a great dish to share. Ingredients Oysters 2 kumamoto oysters 2 royal miyaki oysters…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Ponzu sauce 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp lemon juice 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp soy sauce 1/4 cup & 1 Tbsp rice vinegar…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Crêpe 2 eggs 1 tsp sugar 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp water 1 tsp sake Pinch salt 2 tsp vegetable oil, for…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi on Broadway Using citrus to cook fresh, raw seafood will highlight its bright, oceanic flavour. Ingredients Ceviche 5 clams or mussels 30 g white fish, thinly…