Softball-sized mound of cooked sushi rice
3/4 sheet nori (seaweed)
3 Tbsp spicy mayo
2-2.5 oz king crab meat
1 tsp scallions, chopped
2 pieces stretched tempura shrimp (no tails)
2 slices avocado (½ inch at widest part)
½ cup organic mixed greens
2.5-3 oz fresh Big Eye tuna
1 mango, cubed
Black tobiko (fish roe)
Honey plum glaze
- With wet hands, spread handful of sushi rice over nori, leaving space along top edge. Flip over, facing rice down.
- Mix spicy mayo with scallions and king crab, and spread in a neat line along the length of the nori.
- Lay mixed greens, slices of avocado, and tempura shrimps on top.
- Moisten hands and roll firmly from bottom to top. Press slices of tuna along top of roll.
- With a sharp knife, slice the roll into equal pieces. Top each piece with a cube of mango and a dollop of black tobiko.
- Drizzle with the honey plum glaze and sprinkle with a few sesame seeds.
Yields 1 roll
New-school sushi is taken to creative heights at each location of this beloved restaurant. All dishes are expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Take a seat at the sushi bar and…
Wasabi On Broadway Neighbourhood: West Broadway Address: 588 Broadway Avenue Phone: 204-779-8183 Entrees: $12-35 The first face that greets you upon entering the heritage home of Wasabi on Broadway, is…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Asparagus 12 pieces fresh asparagus Sesame sauce 2/3 cup white sesame seeds 4 tsp sugar 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce 1/2 tsp dashi…
Chef Cho Venevongsa Wasabi On Broadway The wasabi oil adds a little kick to this dish and can also be used in salad dressings and sauces. Ingredients Wasabi pepper sauce…
Chef Cho Venevongsa Wasabi On Broadway Each variety of oyster has a unique taste, making this a great dish to share. Ingredients Oysters 2 kumamoto oysters 2 royal miyaki oysters…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Ponzu sauce 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp lemon juice 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp soy sauce 1/4 cup & 1 Tbsp rice vinegar…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Crêpe 2 eggs 1 tsp sugar 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp water 1 tsp sake Pinch salt 2 tsp vegetable oil, for…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi on Broadway Earthy prairie beets get a creamy fresh twist in these handheld cones. Visit Lucky Supermarket for soy sheets, pickled ginger and sweet seaweed sprinkles.…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi on Broadway Using citrus to cook fresh, raw seafood will highlight its bright, oceanic flavour. Ingredients Ceviche 5 clams or mussels 30 g white fish, thinly…