Chef Cho Venevongsa
Wasabi On Broadway
The wasabi oil adds a little kick to this dish and can also be used in salad dressings and sauces.
Wasabi pepper sauce
1 tsp wasabi paste
5 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp dashi powder
1 tsp wasabi oil
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 pieces halibut cheek
1 Tbsp butter
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 asparagus spears, cut into
4 oz zucchini, julienned
1 shiso leaf, minced
Salt, to taste
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 deep-fried shiso leaf, to garnish
Fresh chives, to garnish
Wasabi pepper sauce
- Combine wasabi paste, soy sauce, water, dashi powder and wasabi oil. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, heat vegetable oil. Cook halibut cheeks 3-4 minutes each side.
- In another small saucepan on medium heat, melt butter with garlic. Once the aroma of the garlic is released turn up the heat and add asparagus and zucchini. Sauté.
- When the vegetables are half-way cooked, season with minced shiso leaf, salt and pepper.
- Add 2/3 of wasabi pepper sauce, stir together and remove from heat.
- Transfer the halibut cheek onto a serving dish and pour the vegetables and remaining sauce over the top. Garnish with a deep-fried shiso leaf and fresh chives.
Yield 1 serving
New-school sushi is taken to creative heights at each location of this beloved restaurant. All dishes are expertly prepared and beautifully presented. Take a seat at the sushi bar and…
Wasabi On Broadway Neighbourhood: West Broadway Address: 588 Broadway Avenue Phone: 204-779-8183 Entrees: $12-35 The first face that greets you upon entering the heritage home of Wasabi on Broadway, is…
Wasabi Ingredients Softball-sized mound of cooked sushi rice 3/4 sheet nori (seaweed) 3 Tbsp spicy mayo 2-2.5 oz king crab meat 1 tsp scallions, chopped 2 pieces stretched tempura shrimp…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Asparagus 12 pieces fresh asparagus Sesame sauce 2/3 cup white sesame seeds 4 tsp sugar 2 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce 1/2 tsp dashi…
Chef Cho Venevongsa Wasabi On Broadway Each variety of oyster has a unique taste, making this a great dish to share. Ingredients Oysters 2 kumamoto oysters 2 royal miyaki oysters…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Ponzu sauce 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp lemon juice 1/4 cup & 3 Tbsp soy sauce 1/4 cup & 1 Tbsp rice vinegar…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi On Broadway Ingredients Crêpe 2 eggs 1 tsp sugar 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tsp water 1 tsp sake Pinch salt 2 tsp vegetable oil, for…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi on Broadway Earthy prairie beets get a creamy fresh twist in these handheld cones. Visit Lucky Supermarket for soy sheets, pickled ginger and sweet seaweed sprinkles.…
Chef Cho Venevongsa, Wasabi on Broadway Using citrus to cook fresh, raw seafood will highlight its bright, oceanic flavour. Ingredients Ceviche 5 clams or mussels 30 g white fish, thinly…