Chef Darryl Riddle
Le Garage Café
A herbaceous crust coats tender pickerel fillets that flake with the light touch of a fork. Drizzle a light lemon-basil sauce for perked up tang.
3 Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
1 cup panko
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
4 pickerel fillets
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp butter
1 tsp chopped basil
1/4 tsp lemon juice
- In a shallow bowl, combine thyme, panko, salt and pepper.
- In a second shallow bowl, beat egg.
- Dip fish in egg and then bread mixture.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add fish, turning once until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cook over medium heat until butter
1. Place one fillet per plate. Pour on desired amount of sauce and serve.
Yield 4 servings